One man's view of theology, sports, politics, and whatever else in life that happens to interest me. A little bit about me.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

TOMS Movies: The "Original" Star Wars

For an introduction to this series, click here.


Sept. 21, 2006

Yeah, I'm also into movies, and though I don't get to the theater as often as I would like, I do get a couple of movies a week (when the mail is going good) from Netflix.  I'll try to post a review or comment about once a week, more or less.


George Lucas recently released the original cuts of the old Star Wars trilogy on DVD. I got the first one in the mail today. I'm just about done with this movie, and I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I have the "updated vision" DVDs that came out a couple of years ago, and  they're basically the same movie to me. Yeah, Han gets off the only shot in the old version, but other than that, who cares? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to waste my next two slots in my Netflix list for the other two.

I do dearly love this movie, primarily because it was the first movie I ever saw that I really liked. When I was a kid, we weren't allowed to watch a whole lot, and what we were allowed to see in the way of movies was boring to me. It's not my favorite movie these days, and it certainly isn't going to wow anybody with a serious message, but it's still a joyride.

No comments:

Post a Comment