One man's view of theology, sports, politics, and whatever else in life that happens to interest me. A little bit about me.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

8 Years Ago Today on The Old MySpace blog (TOMS)...

Ok, so I know it's been a long time since I've written anything here. I don't know why: just not in the mood to write, I guess. Being un- (or under-) employed has a way of messing with your mind after a while.

You'll be seeing a lot more on here in the coming months. It may be "old content," but chances are it's new to you. Back in 2006 I started a blog on that old, weird social media experiment known as MySpace. At the time I was living in Boonville, Mo., writing for the local paper there. I wrote a few posts on movies and other topics, but mostly I just kind of wrote out my thoughts as I went through the Bible in my devotions. I started my MySpace blog 8 years ago tomorrow, September 19, 2006. Beginning tomorrow I will be reposting my thoughts (including most of the movie and miscellaneous posts) here on my new corner of cyberspace (only people of a certain age even know that word these days).

I started exactly where I happened to be at the time, somewhere toward the end of Jeremiah. I commented mostly on 2-3 chapter portions per post. When I got to the New Testament, I slowed down to one chapter per post, sometimes doing more than one post per chapter.

As I was reviewing some of the stuff, I noticed that my first few posts were surprisingly brief. I hit my stride pretty quickly though. I also noticed some stuff that I would never write the same way these days. I reserve the right to edit my own writing, and will do so on occasion. I will also probably expand on some of what I wrote back then. When it's appropriate I will also include what I wrote at the time with my edits in parenthesis or something.

My old blog came at an important time in my life, and it was part of what made it an important time. I am looking forward to the opportunity to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment